Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Well, okay then!


[Carson is building with his pipes. These things have been in near-daily use for the better part of a year now.]

Mom: “What are you building?”
C: “It’s a drop dropper.”
Mom: “What kind of drops does it drop?”
C: “Nothing, because I didn’t put anything in it to drop.”
Mom: “What might you put in it?”
C: “I don’t know; I have to figure out what kind of drop dropper it is. But now it’s a speckled log hog…"
...soon it turns out that this contraption “shoots out roasted green speckled frogs, sitting on a speckled log, eating some most delicious bugs, yum, yum, and then one jumps into the pool where it’s nice and cool and now I can’t get it to work because it’s falling off, and you have to help me because the green speckled frog music is making me feel like I have to shoot green speckled frogs and this is not letting me! And I have tried everything and it keeps falling off and I can’t shoot green speckled frogs… This is very difficult and it doesn’t have time to let me use it, and it just falls down because I didn’t put much legs on it and it only has one leg and it needs two legs and we need to hunt in the bag for more pieces… I’m gonna need some help with this!”

4 comments:

MKM said...

Dangit Mom, help him already!! This is an emergency.

GretchenJoanna said...

Not all three-year-olds are so quick to share their fascinating minds! I'm glad you are quick enough to record some of this one's "projects."

Chari said...

Wow. I sooooo miss my little ones! Soak it up!

I just left a response for you, finally, to your comment on my Thanksgiving blog post......

http://take-up-and-read.blogspot.com/2012/11/a-thanksgiving-day-nature-walk.html?showComment=1359226603875#c5208773642683396082

God bless!!

a soulful life said...

I just love the minds of kids :)
What a wonderful imagination he has!